Tuesday, July 15, 2008

WAY BACK Wednesday


I've caught a lot of flack from my husband regarding this pic. Please tell me someone out there remembers the "oh, so cool" doily-collar look. Actually, I'm not really sure if this was a trend or my mother's attempt to create a matching look for our 1987 Christmas pictures. Either way, David swears it must have been an Amish fashion faux pas. [DAVID - I'm from PRYOR, not Chouteau! They are 2 separate towns!] So anyway... this random blog with my oh so catchy title is for you luva! We look adorable in our doilies and sweat shirts (heeheee). And get ready, I'm sure I will lay the curse of matching outfits on our 3 as well someday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to go with Dave on this one.... I don't remember the doily-collar look. HA! Too cute!

~Tammy~

Anonymous said...

I don't think I had any lacy doily collars, but I think I had some made out of other material. Of course, this would be better if it were coming from someone that didn't also grow up in Pryor!!

Valarie

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're not ashamed to show off your pilgrim pride on the internet. However, I can assure you that the only other time I've seen "anybody" wearing those things was on the Mayflower. I am retorting on the Amish comments, they are way too progressive to sport that look...

Unknown said...

However, that doesn't mean you don't look stunningly attractive in the picture, luva. I'm sure all the guys in school wanted to touch your doily.

Ashley said...

I have to confess- I don't remember those days either. I did have some serious collars on shirts but I'm not sure that they were near as FANCY as yours :-)!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I actually ever had any, but I remember you guys wearing them quite well. But then again my mom made Carrie and I matching heart shirts with scraps of material. Gotta love Pryor.