Thursday, July 10, 2008

July week 2




I'm not the "craftiest" person, I admit it. I don't scrap book, I don't sew, I don't make fun baskets of goodies for people at Christmas... I'm just not good at it. Plus, I don't like the idea of little craft supplies scattered all over the house. So when I decided to start doing crafts with Ella, I needed a little help. I found a Bible Story Crafts and Projects book up in my dusty Elementary Ed file and thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm sooo glad the book encouraged me to do the craft on my own first. My first ever, tissue paper flower took me 20 minutes to make. It was a bit too difficult for my 3 year old as well. Our next project - paper cup animals, paper plate bean tambourines. And soon to come... toilet paper roll binoculars and fruit loop necklaces.

We sponge-rolled Ella's hair for the first time this week. It was darling! She wants me to "do curlers" every nite now. What a little priss-pot! I love it!

Here's just a little delayed Forth of July movie... "Happy Birthday America!"

0 comments: