Sunday, June 22, 2008

Multi-tasking

I've always been a pretty organized person. 'To do lists' are my friend. I like to have a plan. And for now, our plans revolve around Leah's feedings .... you just don't want to get caught on a long car ride, or in a grocery store with a hungry baby. Yet there are some things that MUST be done even when it's feeding time. Here are some tasks I've found I can do while feeding a bottle.

1) Make dinner.... this requires the bottle under chin technique and an acute awareness of dangling baby toes.
2) Bathe toddlers..... this involves feeding 1/2 the bottle, a quick scrub down for Ella and Devon, then feeding the other 1/2 while the kids "air dry."
3) Wipe a butt.... (NO, not mine you sicko!) You just can't plan around a potty training toddler.
4) Clean up toys.... aka kick toys to their appropriate location.

Mommy multi-tasking at its finest!


Today was the first time I felt that annoyed look from strangers while out running errands. I usually get smiles and the occasional, "You've got your hands full," or "Oh, you poor thing." But the on-lookers today gave off that arrogant/"I'm more important that you and your 3 children attitude!" You know, the one where they're thinking... "Why is that lady shopping with 3 little kids?" "Why did I get stuck behind this lady in line?" People just weren't kind today. I guess that's what I get for grocery shopping on a Sunday morning with all the heathens!


I was looking thru a box of family pics and found this pic of me (3 1/2), Tracy (2) and Carrie (9 mo). Just about the same ages of mine right now. (Leah is a couple months younger than Carrie here.)




I giggled when I found this picture of myself. I guess Miss Leah isn't the only chubby baby in the family.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.