Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Playin' outside

Long gone are the days of eating at nice restaurants or even enjoying my food at the kitchen table. (No wonder it's hard to lose post-pregnancy weight when you're scarfing down left-over chicken nuggets and gulping caffeinated Cokes to keep up with 3 children) I actually find that my most enjoyable and relaxing meal time is sitting behind the wheel of my van with all the kids strapped down. *Today I am thankful for drive-thrus*

This morning we all ventured out to the grocery store. Ella and Devon sat in the 2 person car-cart and I strapped Leah to the front of me in the Baby Bjorn.
It works pretty good although stray cans of food and miscellaneous bottom shelf items often appear in the laps of my toddlers - oh well :)

We stopped at Sonic on the way home for corn dogs, tater-tots, and slushes. (I thoroughly enjoyed my meal!) While sipping on his drink, Devon decided to pull the straw out of this cup. Why do all kids do this? Anyway, instead of placing the straw back in the hole he stuck his finger in the straw opening. He immediately started crying and yelling that his finger was getting "p-eee-nched." "Just pull out your finger son," I insisted with a giggle. But no, the "lid monster" wouldn't let go! Finally we arrived home and I yanked his little finger loose. Maybe next time he'll leave the straw in his cup!

Last night the kids enjoyed the 90 degree weather. They were anxious to play outside since it was stormy on Saturday and Sunday. We got golf-ball sized hail both days!



The sprinkler session all to soon turned into a red-neck free-for- all! Make shift water slide and birthday bathing suits included.

0 comments: