Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy Days

Ella has become quite the little "mother hen" with Leah's arrival. She checks on her constantly and insists that Leah is hungry every time she whimpers. Before Leah was born, Ella told us that she was going to have 5 babies of her own - I asked her recently and her number had changed to 1. I think she's figured out that real babies require much more care than baby dolls!

Ella has also assumed a domestic role around the house. She has always helped me dust and clean mirrors, but Wednesday she wanted to vacuum too. I swear I didn't make her do it! I even had to pry the vacuum back from her to finish my housecleaning.


Ella fed Leah yesterday for the 1st time. Leah burped more than usual, so we're guessing she gulped down quite a bit of air. We could tell that it wasn't as exciting to feed a baby as Ella had hoped - the TV occupied her attention more than the bottle.

Ella enjoys cooking with Daddy too! She can crack an egg better than me.

Devon just enjoys eating the eggs :)
He typically would already be waiting in his booster seat for breakfast, but today he wanted to be part of the "cooking team."


Leah was 9 lbs and 1 oz at her 2 week doctor's appointment. She's our big, beautiful girl!!!

Here's a look at one of Leah's typical routines. "I'm so happy... well, maybe I'm not happy.... this is not my pacifier.... ahhh... I love my pacifier!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute!! AND Ps Avery has those PJ's that Ella has too :-)