Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Annoyed

I was annoyed yesterday. Just annoyed! The morning started with a little boy's BIG voice. Devon has NO volume control. His typical phrases began.... "I want to... I had to.... I, I , I!" I was thankful it was preschool day. I dropped them off and took a breath. Ahhhh.... 5 hours of freedom, just me and Leah. A quick cardio routine at the gym (yes, I joined the Y to counteract my donut addiction) and then headed home to attack the laundry, dishes, and bathrooms. Uhggg..... not exactly freedom. Oh, well.... duty calls. I sat down to my lunch and the phone rang.... "This is Tina from preschool and Ella has a tummy ache. Can you come pick her up?" Uhggg... So I softly transfered my peaceful napping baby girl into the car-seat and headed down to the preschool. I loaded up Devon and then loaded up my bubbly, definitely NOT sick daughter. "Sick kids have to go to bed." After making her stay in bed for an hour, we had a talk. She (and I) decided preschool is much more fun than pretending to be sick and coming home. We went to the neighborhood park later in the day and enjoyed the cool fall weather. Ahhh... even though I get annoyed at my children I'd rather be living MY life than any other. AND I'm sure they get annoyed at ME sometimes too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor Ella thought she was missing out on something fun at home! Let me know if you need a break you can always bring the kids over for a bit so you don't lose your mind. Hee hee!

Tammy