Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend













My kids LOVE to ride their bicycles. Let me rephrase... My kids love to ride their bicycles FAST! Just ask anyone that's seen Devon take off on his "Huffy Rocket." And as for Ella, her training wheels are down to the plastic and she's "skidded" so many times that her back tire finally wore a hole in it!

So Saturday it was time for 1) a new bike for Ella and 2) a helmet for "Rocket" man.
I figured the new bike would take center stage, but I'm afraid the black BMX helmet is the biggest hit of the weekend! He even wanted to wear his helmet to church this morning. And, no, we didn't let him. :)

Enjoying breakfast wearing his helmet














Mowing the lawn wearing his helmet




























In other weekend news, I asked my husband to trim the large shrub in our front yard. His version of a trim looks more like a french poodle shearing.
Naked limbs with a little "fluff" of leaves at the top. "What was he thinking?"














I guess now we ALL know how much he appreciates a well-groomed bush ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trenton loved his helmet too. He wore it all around for a few days as well.

Tell Dave he can come cut down our bush like that one. It is HUGE! Alec trims it every year (not quite like Dave but it does get trimmed) and it grows double the size every year. We are thinking about taking it out and putting something else there b/c it blocks our whole double window in the front.

Tammy